Monday 25 June: due to planned system maintenance, our phone and online payment systems will be unavailable between 2pm and 4pm. Our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Haringey's Transport Strategy for 2018
Adopted March 2018
The new Transport Strategy provides the transport vision for the borough over the next 10 years.
A new strategy was needed to update the existing Transport Strategy and to take account of the new Mayor of London’s Transport Strategy (MTS).
The new strategy also supports Haringey’s next Local Implementation plan which will be produced later in 2018.
The Transport Strategy provides the strategic vision and statement of Haringey’s ambitions for transport and highlights the borough’s key commitments over the next 10 years. Haringey will prepare a set of actions plans over the next 12 months which will outline how this vision will be achieved. These actions plans may include: a walking and cycling action plan, a parking action plan and an alternative fuels action plan.
Haringey’s vision for the strategy is: "to deliver a transport system that matches our growth and prosperity ambitions, whilst also improving our environment, providing accessible choices and making walking, cycling and the use of public transport a first choice for all."
This vision will be achieved through four outcomes:
- A public transport network that is better connected, has greater capacity and is more accessible, supporting our growth ambitions
- Active travel the default choice, with more people choosing to travel by walking or cycling
- An improved air quality and a reduction in carbon emissions from transport
- A well maintained road network that is less congested and safer
The public consultation on the new Transport Strategy closed on Friday 22 December 2017 and all the representations were considered and responded to (see the consultation responses below).
- Transport Strategy Equalities Impact Assessment (EQIA) (PDF, 129KB)
- Public consultation comments and the council’s responses (PDF, 227KB)
- Haringey Cycling Campaign’s consultation comments and the council’s responses (PDF, 418KB)
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.
* = response required