Members' Code of Conduct Complaints Process
The Standards Committee assisted by the Monitoring Officer has the responsibility for considering allegations that a member or co-opted member of Haringey Council has failed to comply with the Members' Code of Conduct (the Code). The Members’ Code of Conduct can be found in part 5, section A of Haringey Council's Constitution.
How to make a complaint
If you want to complain about the conduct of an elected or co-opted member of Haringey Council, you should complete the Complaints form (Word, 72KB) and submit your complaint to:
- Bernie Ryan - Monitoring Officer
5th Floor, River Park House
225 High Road
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 020 8489 3974
What we will do with your complaint
The Monitoring Officer:
- will acknowledge your complaint within five working days
- may ask you for more information
- may ask you to fill in a Complaints form (Word, 72KB), if you have not already done so.
If the Monitoring Officer thinks your complaint does not disclose a breach of the Code, they will:
- inform you of this
- ask you to provide further relevant information
If the Monitoring Officer thinks your complaint may suggest a breach of the Code, they will:
- arrange a meeting of the Standards Committee’s Assessment Sub-Committee
- aim to complete the assessment of the complaint within 30 working days of receiving details
The Monitoring Officer and the Standards Committee Assessment Sub-Committee can only deal with complaints about the behaviour of a Member. They will not deal with complaints about things that are not covered by the Members' Code of Conduct. If you make a complaint about a Member, it must be about why you think he or she has not followed the Code of Conduct.
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.