- What can you do
- What the council and partners are doing
- Burglary prevention
- Immobilise Property Register
You can help us to prevent theft by following some of the advice set out on the home security advice section of the national crime reduction website (external link).
More crime prevention advice is available on the Met Police website (external link).
- Q-Cars – a dedicated rapid response team dealing with robberies at the scene. This team conducts a thorough investigation while driving around the borough searching for the suspect
- Positive arrest policy – ensuring that robbery suspects are detained while evidence is collected to secure a conviction.
- Care and Repair – providing people over the age of 60 years with access to a target hardening package (improving the security of their home)
- Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs) have been trained to conduct house security surveys in burglary hotspots.
The Metropolitan Police Service has released advice to residents about keeping their property and homes safe. Find crime prevention advice on Met Police website (external link).
Immobilise is a free service which can be used by members of the public and businesses to register their valued possessions, or company assets.
If the item is a mobile phone also report it to your network so they can block the SIM card.
Immobilise is the only ownership registration service supported by all the UK Police forces, and the mobile phone industry for the registration of mobile phones. It is also supported by the Metropolitan Police, GLA and TFL for the registration of bicycles.
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.