My Haringey Flickr Group Terms and Conditions
My Haringey Flickr group
The My Haringey campaign has been designed to encourage civic pride and to help make Haringey a better place to live, work or play in.
Photos used in the group should reflect the aims of the campaign.
By joining this group you agree to the Terms and Conditions set out on this following page.
In short the terms state that:
- You must own the photo you are sending us and have full copyright and consent necessary for use in the group.
- By posting your photo to this group you give us permission to use the photo without any cost, fee, liability or charge to Haringey Council on the Haringey website and in other publicity materials and work. If we do use the image we will endeavour to credit you as the photographer, respecting any terms which you may specify under a Creative Commons licence (external link).
- Haringey Council will moderate all content and comments submitted to the My Haringey collection for suitability.
Terms and conditions
The following terms and conditions apply. Haringey Council reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.
We will moderate all images and comments submitted, either via the Haringey Council website or directly from Flickr users to the My Haringey Flickr group. Any submission that we deem to be obscene or offensive in any way will not be included. We reserve the right to moderate and exclude any submissions for any reason. If you require further information, please contact the Haringey Web Communications team on email@example.com.
Comments and images posted on Flickr and images submitted must not defame, compromise the trade secrets or violate the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Haringey Council harmless from any fees, claims, losses or liabilities based on a violation of the foregoing representation.
Haringey Council reserve the right to cancel any membership from the ‘My Haringey group’ without prior consent or notice. Any photos that have been previously submitted (by the member/s whose membership has been cancelled) shall remain subject to these Terms and Conditions
By submitting a photograph, you are confirming that the photograph was taken by you and that you have the express consent of all individuals featured in the photograph for it to be posted on the website and made publicly available. By sending us a photograph which features any individual under the age of 18, you are also confirming that you have the express consent of their parent or legal guardian.
Please do not send us any photographs unless you are sure that you have this consent. Please note that should a complaint arise or consent be withdrawn at any time we reserve the right to remove the corresponding photo from the website.
By sending a photograph taken on private property, or of any subject matter in which a third party owns rights, you are confirming that you have the permission of the property or rights owner as appropriate to take the photograph, posted on the website and made publicly available.
Please do not send us any photographs if you are unsure of whether third party rights subsist or unless you are sure that you have the requisite permissions. Please note that should a complaint arise or consent be withdrawn at any time we reserve the right to remove the corresponding photo from the website.
Rights and permissions
You hereby grant Haringey Council a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable license to:
- download (from Flickr) any high-resolution version of your photograph(s) for the purposes of display and archive;
- use your content on the Flickr group and on our website at www.haringey.gov.uk and any other publicity material and work of Haringey Council;
- use your content within the My Haringey Flickr group;
- upload photos sent through to London Borough of Haringey to the Flickr group; and
- use your content for any other purposes as notified to you from time to time, such as promotions.
Other than the limited license set out in the foregoing paragraph, we acknowledge and agree that we obtain no right, title or interest from you (or your licensors) under these Terms and Conditions in or to any images or comments that you submit, post, transmit or display on, or through, the Haringey website, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in those images or comments. You agree that you are responsible for protecting and enforcing those rights and that Haringey Council has no obligation to do so on your behalf.
Please note that, we will not use your photograph for any commercial purposes whatsoever, or for any purposes other than those set out above.
Creative Commons licences
If you have chosen a creative commons licence for your work – we will respect the terms you have specified if and when we use your work. For more information about Creative Commons licences please visit:
We reserve the right to:
- decide what content to display in our Flickr gallery or on our website, and to modify such content if we deem it necessary for operational reasons;
- terminate the Flickr group at any stage if we deem this necessary or where circumstances arise that are outside our control;
- remove any photograph at any time at our sole discretion.
If you require further information on any of these points, contact the Haringey Web Communications team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit the My Haringey Flickr Group (external link)
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.