Community Safety Partnership
Who are we?
The Safer Communities Executive Board (SCEB) board is the Crime and Disorder Reduction Partnership (CDRP) for Haringey. We are responsible for the oversight and delivery of the key community safety outcomes for Haringey including:
- Violent crime, including gun crime and hate crime
- Domestic Violence
- Street crime
- Youth crime
- Anti-social behaviour
- Drugs, vice and alcohol
- Vehicle related crime
We are made up of key agencies and partners working in the borough including Haringey Council, NHS Haringey, the Police, Fire Service, Voluntary and Community Agencies and other organisations and local partnerships.
We want Haringey to be a safe place for people to live, work and visit. We want people to live without fear in our borough.
How we will achieve our vision
The Safer for All strategy contains six priorities that will help to deliver the vision:
- Young people - prevention and support
- Serious crime - violence, acquisitive crime and domestic violence
- Anti-social behaviour - A focus on children and families, housing and the public realm
- Drugs and alcohol - prevention, effective treatment and re-integration
- Reducing re-offending - adults and young people
- Increasing confidence in the Criminal Justice System
Safer Communities Executive Board: The Structure
SCEB is supported by a variety of partnership groups which focus on specific areas of business. These are multi-agency groups, currently known as Partnership Boards, which cover the borough-wide strategic priorities. The Safer Communities Service co-ordinates these groups, ensuring the flow of information between the strategic and operational level is kept open. The Partnership Groups facilitate joined-up responses to identified problems.
How we will monitor the outcomes
SCEB is responsible for making sure that we achieve the outcomes of the Safer for All strategy. A scorecard is used to monitor the outcomes of the Safer for All strategy.
For further information on the Safer Communities Executive Board meetings, please contact:
- Committee Team - tel 020 8489 2920
For further information on how we are achieving our outcomes, please contact:
- Claire Kowalska - Community Safety Strategic Manager
Tel 020 8489 6949
List of external websites
The following links are not part of the Haringey Council website. Please read our legal disclaimer before using these links
- Crime figures for Haringey from the Metropolitan Police website (external link)
- London Week of Peace website (external link)
- Haringey Community and Police Consultative Group (external link).
Related Plans, Strategies and Reports
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.