Facts and Figures
Haringey in a nutshell
Haringey is one of London's 33 boroughs. It is located in the north of the capital and more than 11 square miles in area.
Population– 2011 Census
- Haringey has a total population of 254,900. 49.5% of the population are male and 50.5% are female.
- 63,400 of the population are aged between 0 and 19. This is 24.9% of the total population. This is proportionately higher than both London (24.5%) and England and Wales (24.0%).
- 169,100 of the population are 20-64. This is 66.3% of the total population. This is proportionately higher than both London (64.4%) and England and Wales 59.6%).
- 22,400 of the population are 65+. This is 8.8% of the total population. This is proportionately less than both London (11.1%) and England and Wales (16.4%).
Ethnicity – 2011 Census
- 65.3% of the Haringey population are made up of non-white British Ethnic Groups. This is higher than both London (55.1%) and England and Wales (19.5%). The top three of these ethnic groups are:
- Other White (23.0%)
- Black African (9.0%)
- Black Caribbean (7.1%)
Projections - ONS 2011 Sub National Population Projections
- By 2021, it is projected that the Haringey population will be 286,774. This will be made up of:
- 60,664 (21.2%) will be 0 – 17 - (London 22.6%, England 21.7%)
- 199,188 (69.5%) will be 18-64 - (London 65.8%, England 59.6%)
- 26,923 (9.4%) will 65+ - (London 11.5%, England 18.7%)
Deprivation – Index of Deprivation 2010
- Haringey is the 13th most deprived borough in the country (using the average deprivation score).
- Haringey is the 4th most deprived borough in London (using the average deprivation score).
- 29.2% of Haringey is amongst the 10% most deprived in the country.
- 55.3% of Haringey is amongst the 20% most deprived in the country.
For more information about Haringey, check out the pages listed below:
Page Last Updated:
Please let us know if this page helped you find what you were looking for by answering the question below – you can also leave a comment for us. Please keep your comments relevant to this page.
Please note: all comments about web pages are reviewed by us once a week. All service requests need to be sent to Customer Services directly.