Woodside Park was first laid out around the turn of the century and by 1914 boasted a bandstand and bowling green. Sadly the bandstand disappeared many years ago, but the park still plays host to an active bowling club and popular play ground.
Two of Haringey’s historic buildings are located within the park. Woodside House, formally Wood Green Town Hall, is now used as council offices and the Grade II listed Mushroom House was formerly the lodge to the local manor house Chitts Hill (demolished in the 1890s).
The park plays host to the annual Friends Jazz Picnic and Folk Dance in the hollow behind the Mushroom House and is proving to be an increasingly popular summer fixture for local residents.
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.