Southport Weekender and Tranz-mission
Two events are due to be staged in Finsbury Park over one weekend in June 2017. Southport Weekender takes place on Saturday 10 June and Tranz-mission on Sunday 11 June. The capacity of each event will not exceed 12,000 on each day.
- Event set up
- Sound check
- Surrounding area
- Park gate closures and parking
- Parking restrictions
- Road closures
- London Underground and rail travel
- Bus diversions
- Street trading
- Message from the Metropolitan Police
- Lost Property
- Who to contact
Slammin’ Events will be in Finsbury Park from Monday 5 June to set up for the two events. The event area will cover the southern Bandstand Field, and storage for event material will use the hard-standing area to the south of the tennis courts and near the netball courts. Public parking will be restricted to the north of the park and will cease on the two event days. All other parts of the park are open as normal.
A Slammin' Events Residents' Letter 2017 (PDF, 438KB) will be sent to local households at least two weeks before the events take place. The information contained in the letter, plus more is available below.
- Southport Weekender, the event on Saturday will run between 11am and 10.30pm
- Tranz-mission taking place on Sunday will run between 12 noon and 10pm
Park users are asked to take care when going through the park during this time as there will be lorries and other vehicles coming into the park to facilitate the build up of the event space and the installing of the green shield fencing around the event space.
Slammin’ Events will be taking every step to ensure that vehicles observe a safe speed limit while moving around the park and there will be stewards on hand to assist. A restriction on site vehicle movement will take place between 8.20am and 9am, and 3.20pm and 4pm to allow local children ease of access to and from school.
The carriageway drive from Oxford Road to Finsbury Gate, and from Finsbury Gate to Hornsey Wood Tavern Gate will be segregated by fencing to keep pedestrians and cyclist away from construction traffic.
Slammin' Events will remain on site until the end of Wednesday 14 June to take down and remove the infrastructure from the park.
A sound check is scheduled to take place on Saturday 10 June, intermittently between 9am and 11am to help set levels and take sound readings around the park.
The council will be doing its part to ensure that residents and businesses are caused the minimum of disruption throughout this period.
Slammin’ Events and Haringey Council have in place a cleaning programme for the affected areas on event days.
Events that take place in Finsbury Park are very popular and attract large crowds. We would encourage everybody attending the concerts to use public transport. Parking controls are in place to ensure that the lives of our residents are not disrupted by additional traffic. For more on this please see the sections below.
The local area will be subject to road closures and traffic diversions on both days during egress and those alighting at Finsbury Park Tube Station or from First Capital Connect Trains after 10pm on concert days will find their route away from the station affected as there will be no access to Stroud Green Road.
For concerts taking place toilet provision has been increased. There will be toilets both inside the venue and outside the event area but within the park for those arriving and leaving the events. We would ask all event visitors to respect those living and working in the surrounding area, and only use toilets where they are provided.
On event days:
- Oxford Road Gate will close from 4pm, and re-open at dawn when the park is opened the following morning
- Parking within the park carriageway will not be permitted on both event days unless you have a letter of authorisation or are a blue badge holder
- Exit at the end of the events will mainly be via Stroud Green Road Gate
- During set up and take down public parking within the park will be restricted to the north of the park
Please ensure you check local signs in case of last minute amendments to parking restrictions.
Additional Event Day parking restrictions will apply in Haringey. Controls will operate from 8.30am to 8.30pm on Saturday 10 June and from 12 noon to 4.30pm on Sunday 11 June within the Haringey Finsbury Park CPZ's. Please see our CPZ pages for more information.
Parking restrictions within the London Borough of Hackney will remain as is, with no additional controls during this event. Hackney Council would like feedback from residents on whether their parking ability was impacted during this event. Please email email@example.com with any feedback.
To ensure people leave both events safely, Stroud Green Road will be closed between Tollington Park and Seven Sisters Road between 9.20-10.50pm on Saturday and 9.30-10.30pm on Sunday.
If the road closures affect access to your property, marshals will be in place to help residents' access.
Seven Sisters Road will be open as usual.
We would ask that you plan your travel options carefully. The events finish at 10.30pm on Saturday and 10pm on Sunday, so please ensure you have looked at all options open to you to get home or to your next destination.
To plan your journey beforehand please visit the Transport for London website (external link).
To get to the events from Finsbury Park, leave the station via the Station Place entrance/exit and enter the park through the Stroud Green Road Gate, opposite the Station.
- Train - Several National Rail services from Kings Cross stop at Finsbury Park national rail station, please check the National Rail website (external link) for a timetable
- Tube - Finsbury Park is served by two Tube stations – Finsbury Park (Victoria and Piccadilly lines) and Manor House (Piccadilly line)
Staff and signage will be in place to help but please check the TfL website (external link) before you travel.
Buses are due to operate as normal out of Finsbury Park bus station and in the local area.
Haringey Council actively discourages anyone from using the events in Finsbury Park as an opportunity to undertake unlicensed street trading. Please take notice that enforcement teams will be deployed to deal with unlicensed street traders in the area of Finsbury Park throughout the event days.
Enforcement teams will confiscate goods from illegal street traders and take prosecution action against offenders. This will include taking enforcement action in the boroughs of Islington and Hackney if necessary. Official merchandise will only be available inside the event arena.
Please be aware that there is a Street Drinking Zone around Finsbury Park station (London borough of Islington) which prevents any person from drinking alcohol from open vessels. There will be a police presence on event days actively enforcing the Street Drinking Zone to ensure there is no on-street drinking. Please be advised to drink responsibly and not try to enter the events in an intoxicated state as you will be refused entry if you are deemed unfit through either drink or drugs.
The Metropolitan and British Transport Police will do everything they can to make sure people have an enjoyable time at events and offer the following advice. Being careful, and taking some simple precautions, can reduce the risk of you becoming a victim. Here are some steps to help you have a safe and enjoyable concert:
- Avoid taking unnecessary valuables with you - only take what you really need. Take the serial numbers and descriptions of your valuables
- Register your mobile phone IMEI number and the serial numbers of other valuables for free on the Immobilise website (external link) or similar property registration sites
- Avoid displaying your phone and valuables unnecessarily, for example photographing or recording the bands
- If you travel by car, lock and empty it of valuables and leave the glove compartment open and conspicuously empty
- Be aware that in a crowded environment, where contact with other people is unavoidable, thieves will try to unzip/unbutton pockets and bags
- Be aware of the behaviour of those around you. Report anything suspicious to a security guard or police officer
- Stick with your friends and identify a suitable meeting point so if you do get split up you can find each other even if someone has lost their phone or had it stolen
- If you lose your mobile phone ensure that you contact your network provider to ask for the SIM card and handset to be blocked, and report the loss via the Immobilise website (external link)
- When using a credit or debit card shield the keypad to protect your PIN
Use the same common sense as you would on any other night out and:
- Drink responsibly
- Look after your friends
- Walk away from trouble
Any property that is found during the event will be handed to the security team, and taken to the Welfare Point where it will be logged.
During the events and until the Tuesday after the last event all lost property will be kept onsite. If you would like to reclaim any lost property please contact the relevant organiser, depending on which event you lost your property, using the contact details below.
During the events Slammin’ Events will have a Community Response Team which includes event management, cleaning and security staff who are able to respond to any issues they see or are identified by the local community.
The residents’ information line and Noise Complaints Line are operational from Monday 5 June through to Wednesday 14 June to report issues regarding the event:
- Event Production (including litter): 01749 574 013
- Event Noise Team: 01749 574 015
If you have any complaints regarding any aspect of the licensing process including noise, litter, parking etc please call Haringey Council on 020 8489 8232 - please note this line will operate between 12 noon and 11.30pm on the 10 and 11 June.
To contact Haringey Council about any aspect of Finsbury Park please email the Parks team: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are an Islington resident please contact Islington’s ASB reporting line to report any issues regarding these events:
- Islington’s ASB reporting line - online (external link)
- Tel: 020 7527 7272
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.