- System maintenance: We are undertaking some IT maintenance work this weekend (20 and 21 January) which may affect some of our e-forms and websites. If you encounter a problem please try again 30 minutes later. Sorry for any inconvenience.
- Coming soon: My Haringey – our new online service including local information and maps – including planning applications; parking zones; schools; health services; councillors and more. Try it out now and let us know what you think.
Our libraries are exciting places
The children's libraries are full of the latest books, DVDs, fun activities and events for children... and adults too!
There is a children's section in all Haringey libraries and you are never too young to join. To find out about membership please visit the how to join page.
We provide a wide range of facilities and services and all you have to do come along!
- borrow picture books, story CDs and even toys
- attend story times, rhyme times, reading groups or parent drop-ins
- take part in fun workshops and weekly craft activities
- meet children’s authors and watch wonderful shows.
Summer Reading Challenge
The Summer Reading Challenge takes place every year during the summer holidays. The challenge is for 4-11 year olds and they can sign up at their local library.
All they have to do is read any six books from their local library, collecting stickers and other rewards along the way - and it's all free!
On completion they will receive a certificate and a medal.
Please see the Summer Reading Challenge website (external link) for full details of the challenge.
Children’s Book Clubs
Enjoy reading and discussing new books whilst making new friends? Join on of Haringey’s many reading group designed specifically for young people.
Stay and Play
Bring your children to singing play sessions at our libraries, where we have a range of toys that can be borrowed. Three items can be issued on an adult ticket and borrowed for 3 weeks.
Story times and Messy Mornings
Our fun and friendly staff will read favourite stories and have weekly craft activities to get your children's artistic side flowing.
Don't forget you can pick up any of the free Bookstart Packs at any Haringey Library to inspire, stimulate and create a love of reading that will give children a flying start in life.
Bookstart is a national programme that encourages all parents and carers to enjoy books with their children from as early an age as possible. For more information regarding Bookstart, visit the Bookstart website (external link)
Haringey Libraries are the perfect place to help with all your homework enquiries.
Free internet access and books are available for you to use - and of course our staff are all on hand to help with your queries. So if you need help to find information, or to use the computer, we're a great place to come.
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.