- Information about the essential renovation building works currently taking place at Bruce Castle Museum.
- May half term fun! There is an extensive programme of activities running in Haringey for children and young people during the May half term.
Museum and Archive opening hours
Wednesday to Sunday 1pm-5pm
- Visiting groups including schools may book to visit at other times
- Local History Archives Search-room
Wednesday and alternate Saturdays 1pm-5pm
Thursday and Friday 9.30am-5pm
- It is usually necessary and always advisable to book an appointment. We may not otherwise be able to accommodate your visit.
- The Museum and Archive Service are always closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day, Good Friday and the summer Bank Holidays.
Exhibitions cover the history of the local area and Bruce Castle itself, and include many examples of local paintings, photographs and prints. There is an interactive exhibition devoted to local inventors and the museum hosts regular temporary local history and art exhibitions.
Visiting groups are welcome. The Museum offers free workshops for schools and community groups and lots of activities for families at weekends and during school holidays.
How to get here
Underground to Seven Sisters then 123 or 243 bus to Bruce Castle. Underground to Wood Green then 123 or 243 bus to Bruce Castle.
243 and 123 buses stop outside the museum.
Overland rail to Bruce Grove then 10 minute walk up Bruce Grove.
If you are driving there is a free car park behind the museum via Church Lane (not suitable for coaches/buses).
For more detailed information on any of the above contact: Tel 020 8808 8772.
The Museum is free to all visitors.
Bruce Castle Museum
Tel 020 8808 8772
Fax 020 8808 4118
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.