Prepare for a degree course with Birkbeck
Birkbeck University of London has designed a series of free events, talks and courses at their Tottenham Campus to support and develop growing career aspirations for Haringey residents.
Helping you prepare for a degree course
The Higher Education Introductory Studies (HEIS) programme is a fast-track programme that provides an opportunity to explore different subjects before deciding on a particular degree. This opportunity is currently offered exclusively to Haringey’s residents.
This offers a gradual introduction to university-level study, supporting prospective undergraduates to develop their skills, knowledge and understanding before progressing onto academic and vocational degrees.
The initial HEIS programme will focus on business courses. This supports the aim of Tottenham’s 639 High Road Enterprise Centre to help local people get started in business and gain employment skills.
What makes this opportunity special?
- You can combine study with work or other commitments
- Access to careers advice and 121 support
- Access to workshops, taster sessions, and lectures
- Flexible Learning : Birkbeck has been committed to working with people who have non traditional qualifications, work or other commitments for 200 years. So we understand the need to be flexible.
- Access to Birkbeck’s professional network giving you the opportunity to learn about starting your own business or social enterprise.
How to find out more and apply
You can find out more about the course, including its structure, entry requirements, fees and how to apply on Birkbeck’s Higher Education Introductory Studies page (external link).
Find out more information should contact Faith Williams on 020 8489 2228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Page Last Updated:
Please let us know if this page helped you find what you were looking for by answering the question below – you can also leave a comment for us. Please keep your comments relevant to this page.
Please note: all comments about web pages are reviewed by us once a week. All service requests need to be sent to Customer Services directly.