Unless otherwise stated, our courses and services are available to anyone who is aged 19 or older
- talk with a course adviser and discuss your learning needs
- take an initial assessment to assess your current level and then enrol onto the appropriate level for you
- pay for your course on the Second floor of Wood Green Central Library
For most courses you will need to come and enrol in person, take an initial assessment, and speak to a tutor or an advisor to ensure that the course you are enrolling on is right for you.
The new HALS course guide for 2016/17 is now available - see our HALS Programme page for details.
Initial Assessment and Enrolment Sessions
- Monday 5 September, 10am-7pm
- Tuesday 6 September, 10am-7pm
- Wednesday 7 September, 10am-7pm
- Thursday 8 September, 10am-7pm
- Monday 12 September, 10am-7pm
- Tuesday 13 September, 10am-7pm
- Wednesday 14 September, 10am-7pm
- Thursday 15 September, 10am-7pm
To enrol onto a course you need to book an initial assessment. Please contact HALS Reception on 020 8489 2596 / 2523 or go to the 2nd Floor, Wood Green Library.
Telephone enrolments only between 4pm – 7pm for the following courses; Art, Health and Wellbeing.
To enrol onto the following courses: English, Maths, ESOL, Computers and Counselling - you will need to complete an initial assessment (English, Maths or ICT).
The new HALS course guide 2016/17 (PDF, 1MB) is now available to download.
Courses available are:
- Bookkeeping and Computerised Accounts
- ESOL (English for Speakers for Other Languages)
- Functional English and Maths
- Family learning
If you are attending a family learning course a free crèche may be available for children 1-5 years old.
To be a positive force in our community, enabling people to achieve their learning and employment goals.
HALS courses are offered at a variety of venues around the borough and at different times of the day and week. You have the opportunity to discuss your learning needs before, during or after attending a HALS course and you will be given support in order to find out what else you can do and progress onto.
Wood Green Learning Centre
2nd Floor, Wood Green Library
Tel 020 8489 2596/2523
Fax 020 8489 2551
Page Last Updated:
Please let us know if this page helped you find what you were looking for by answering the question below – you can also leave a comment for us. Please keep your comments relevant to this page.
Please note: all comments about web pages are reviewed by us once a week. All service requests need to be sent to Customer Services directly.