Adult Learning Service
Unless otherwise stated, our courses and services are available to anyone who is aged 19 or older (although some courses for 16 to 18 year olds are available).
- talk with a course adviser and discuss your learning needs
- enrol and pay for your course on the Second floor of Wood Green Central Library
For most courses you will need to come and enrol in person, take an initial assessment, and speak to a tutor or an advisor at an advertised session to ensure that the course you are enrolling on is right for you.
Advice and Enrolment sessions
You can enrol now for some courses at the following enrolment sessions:
- Tuesday 1 September 10am - 7pm
- Wednesday 2 September 10am - 7pm
- Thursday 3 September 10am - 7pm
- Saturday 5 September 10am - 1pm
- Monday 7 September 10am - 7pm
- Tuesday 8 September 10am - 7pm
- Wednesday 9 September 10am - 7pm
- Thursday 10 September 10am - 7pm
- Saturday 12 September 10am - 1pm
For other courses you can enrol by telephone on 020 8489 2596. Look for the telephone symbol in the HALS Course Guide.
The new HALS course guide for 2015/16 is now available to download: HALS course guide (PDF, 3MB)
Courses available are:
- Bookkeeping and Computerised Accounts
- Counselling and Advice
- ESOL ( English for Speakers for Other Languages)
- Functional English and Maths
- Family learning
- Languages ( French, Italian and Spanish)
If you are attending a family learning course a free crèche may be available for children 1-5 years old.
To be a positive force in our community, enabling people to achieve their learning and employment goals.
HALS courses are offered at a variety of venues around the borough and at different times of the day and week. You have the opportunity to discuss your learning needs before, during or after attending a HALS course and you will be given support in order to find out what else you can do and progress onto.
Wood Green Learning Centre
2nd Floor, Wood Green Library
Tel 020 8489 2596/2523
Fax 020 8489 2551
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Please let us know if this page helped you find what you were looking for by answering the question below – you can also leave a comment for us. Please keep your comments relevant to this page.
Please note: all comments about web pages are reviewed by us once a week. All service requests need to be sent to Customer Services directly.