Adult Learning Service
Unless otherwise stated, our courses and services are available to anyone who is aged 19 or older (although some courses for 16 to 18 year olds are available).
Amendments to Summer Term Enrolment dates
- Wednesday 8 April, 10am-7pm
- Thursday 9 April, 10am-7pm
- Saturday 11 April, 10am-2pm
- Monday 13 April, 10am-7pm
- Tuesday 14 April, 10am-7pm
- Wednesday 15 April, 10am-7pm
- Thursday 16 April, 10am-7pm
- Saturday 18 April, 10am-1pm
Subject Specific enrolment dates
- Wednesday 8 April, 6.30pm-7.30pm
- Thursday 9 April, 6.30pm-7.30pm
- Saturday 11 April, 10.30am-12.30pm
- Tuesday 14 April, 6.30pm-7.30pm
- Thursday 16 April, 6.30pm-7.30pm
- Saturday 18 April, 10.30am-12.30pm
- Saturday 11 April, 11am-1pm
- Thursday 16 April, 6pm-7pm
- Saturday 18 April, 11am-1pm
During the enrolment and advice sessions you can:
- talk with a course adviser and discuss your learning needs
- enrol and pay for your course at the Ground floor of Wood Green Central Library
For most courses you will need to come and enrol in person and speak to a tutor or an advisor at an advertised session to ensure that the course you are enrolling on is right for you.
For other courses you can enrol by telephone by telephone on 020 8489 2596. Look for the telephone symbol in the HALS Course Guide.
Courses available are:
- Access to Employment
- Business, work and finance
- Computing and Creative technologies
- Creative courses
- English and Maths
- Family learning
- Health and well-being
- Programmes for young people
- New business success services.
Take a look at our HALS Course Guide (PDF, 2.8MB)
If you are attending a family learning course or a course at a learning centre, there may be limited crèche places available. If you are on a work-based learning programme, funding will be available to help pay for a crèche place or a registered childminders. Courses are held at a variety of community venues across our borough. You can find this guide in all local libraries.
A creche is open at Wood Green Library to support a number courses. Places must be booked at enrolment. A standard charge of £2 per session is made, or 50p per session to those on benefits. A further reduction is available to families with more than one child. (Learners who have Refugee/Asylum Seeker status will not have to pay.)
To be a positive force in our community, enabling people to achieve their learning and employment goals.
HALS courses are offered at a variety of venues around the borough and at different times of the day and week. You have the opportunity to discuss your learning needs before, during or after attending a HALS course and you will be given support in order to find out what else you can do and progress onto.
Wood Green Learning Centre
2nd Floor, Wood Green Library
Tel 020 8489 2500
Fax 020 8489 2551
Page Last Updated:
Please let us know if this page was useful to you by answering the question below or by leaving a comment (or you can do both).