Unless otherwise stated, our courses and services are available to anyone who is aged 19 or older
- talk with a course adviser and discuss your learning needs
- take an initial assessment to assess your current level and then enrol onto the appropriate level for you
- pay for your course on the Second floor of Wood Green Central Library
For most courses you will need to come and enrol in person, take an initial assessment, and speak to a tutor or an advisor to ensure that the course you are enrolling on is right for you.
New HALS course listings for courses starting in spring 2018
Enrolment runs from Monday 11 December to Thursday 14 December 2017 and from Wednesday 3 January 2018 to Thursday 12 January 2018.
- Monday 11 December: 10am-1pm and 2-5pm
- Tuesday 12 December: 10am-1pm, 2-5pm and 5-7pm
- Wednesday 13 December: 10am-1pm and 2-5pm
- Thursday 14 December: 10am-1pm, 2-5pm and 5-7pm
- Wednesday 3 January:10am-1pm and 2-5pm
- Thursday 4 January: 10am-1pm, 2-5pm and 5pm-7pm
- Saturday 6 January: 10am-1pm
- Monday 8 January: 10am-1pm and 2-5pm
- Tuesday 9 January: 10am-1pm , 2-5pm and 5pm-7pm
- Wednesday 10 January: 10am-1pm and 2-5pm
- Thursday 11 January: 10am-1pm and 2-5pm
To enrol, please book an initial assessment by contacting HALS reception on 020 8489 2596/2523 or come along to the 2nd Floor at Wood Green Library, High Road, N22 6XD to:
- talk with an adviser and discuss your learning needs
- take an online initial assessment
- enrol and pay for your course
You can speak to a tutor or an advisor to ensure that the course you enrol on is right for you. To enrol onto the following courses: English, Maths, ESOL, Computers and Counselling - you will need to complete an initial assessment (English, Maths or ICT).
To enrol for courses starting in January, February and March 2018, book an initial assessment by contacting us on 020 8489 2596 / 2523, or in person at HALS Reception on 2nd Floor, Wood Green Library N22 6XD.
To enrol onto the following courses: English, Maths, ESOL, Computers and Counselling - you will need to complete an initial assessment (English, Maths or ICT).
We also have additional initial assessments taking place every Friday from 10am to 1pm. Please contact HALS Reception 020 8489 2596/2523 to book an appointment or go to the 2nd Floor at Wood Green Library.
The new HALS Course listing 2017-18 (PDF, 1MB) is now available to download.
Courses available are:
- Bookkeeping and Computerised Accounts
- ESOL (English for Speakers for Other Languages)
- Functional English and Maths
- Family learning
If you are attending a family learning course a free crèche may be available for children 1-5 years old.
To be a positive force in our community, enabling people to achieve their learning and employment goals.
HALS courses are offered at a variety of venues around the borough and at different times of the day and week. You have the opportunity to discuss your learning needs before, during or after attending a HALS course and you will be given support in order to find out what else you can do and progress onto.
Wood Green Learning Centre
2nd Floor, Wood Green Library
Tel 020 8489 2596/2523
Fax 020 8489 2551
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.