Improvement Grants and Repairs
- If you are a council tenant please visit the Homes for Haringey website (external link) to report a repair.
- To find out what help we can give to private sector housing residents visit the Private Rented Accommodation - Repairs page.
- Landlords should see the landlords repairing your property page.
Due to changes in how the government is financing private sector housing renewal we are currently reviewing our existing grants policy. We are unable to provide grants to Haringey residents to improve their homes during the review process.
Therefore at the present time the only grants available from the council are:
- Disabled Facilities Grants
- Please contact Occupational Therapy - Unit 5, St George's Estate, White Hart Lane, Wood Green, London, N22 5QL - or telephone 020 8489 1603 for an initial assessment
There is, however, assistance available to householders from other agencies to improve their homes, particularly with regard to energy efficiency and home security.
- Those who own their own properties or rent from a private landlord should see the page on Private Sector Grants
- Those who rent from a Housing Association should contact their manager in the first instance
- Homes for Haringey tenants should contact their Tenancy Management Officer
The Energy Saving Trust provides a grant checker, whereby on entering a few basic details all the grants potentially available are listed. The grant checker can be found by following the link to the Energy Saving Trust website provided in the external links section below.
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.