Housing Allocations Policy
Our new Housing Allocations Policy 2015 as amended 2017 is now in use as of 1 May 2017.
Please read minutes from the Cabinet's meeting to find more information about the changes.
The new Allocations Policy has been introduced to ensure that allocation of housing in the Borough is made to those in greatest need and to give applicants a clearer and more realistic view of their chances of being allocated social housing.
When you bid for properties, your level of priority will be determined by your Housing Needs Band (A, B or C) and the date you joined the Register.
Due to the very high demand for social rented housing in Haringey, almost all of it will be offered to applicants in Housing Needs Bands A and B.
Therefore, we strongly urge applicants in Band C to visit our housing options page or call 020 8489 1000 for further advice.
The new Housing Allocations Policy will place applicants for housing in a Band from A to C.
- Band A is for those applicants who have the most urgent or critical housing need
- Band B is for those applicants who have a high priority housing need
- Band C is for those applicants who have an identified housing need
To join the Register please visit our Housing Register page.
The full policy, a summary of the policy and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) can be downloaded from the attached files section.
A separate housing register and banding system is in place for those in need of supported housing.
- Haringey's Housing Allocations Policy 29 Sep 2015 - 30 Apr 2017 - previous version of the current policy (amended in May 2017)
- Haringey's Housing Allocations Policy Mar 2011 - 28 Sep 2015:
- Haringey's Housing Allocations Scheme 2000-2006 (PDF, 159KB)
- Haringey's Housing Lettings Policy 2006 - Feb 2011 (PDF, 4MB)
If you are already on the Housing Register
All existing applicants will have received a letter notifying them of which Band they are in.
|Haringey's Housing Allocations Policy 2015 amended 1 May 2017||737.02 KB|
|Housing Allocations Policy 2015 amended 1 May 2017 EqIA||99.04 KB|
|Housing Moves - Pan London Housing Mobility Scheme||207.38 KB|
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.