Housing Related Support Services
We want to make your life easier and happier
So we've got together with people from other organisations to listen to your problems and help you to solve them by providing services such as:
- Help with finding a place to live
- Keeping your home
- Finding a job
We work with the Haringey NHS Teaching Primary Care Trust and the London Probation Service to help you to help yourselves.
We offer two types of service:
All our short-term services are free. Short-term services are when we give you help for two years or less.
We charge only for long-term services. Details of payment can be found on the Paying for Housing Related Support Services page.
What are long-term housing support services?
Help given for more than two years is long-term help. Long-term help includes:
- Sheltered housing for older people
- Some services for people who have mental health needs or learning disabilities
- Help for people who are living with mental or physical disabilities
- Services for people with drug and alcohol problems
- Services for people with HIV or AIDS
How can Haringey housing related support services help you?
- We teach skills that will make life easier for you in your home, at work and when you meet other people.
- We can help you apply for benefits, and advise how to spend money wisely and not get into debt.
- We are ready to help you if you are looking for a place to live, and we can also help you settle in.
- If you need to see a doctor, health visitor or other people, we will help you do so. We will also help you to meet other people so you won't feel alone.
- If you need a job or training, we can help you get them.
- We can also arrange for somebody to come to your home and see that you stay safe.
- We will give you alarms in case you have an accident at home or get ill or feel unsafe.
- We will also help you to go to college.
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.