Housing Related Support (also known as Supporting People) Programme
- What is Housing Related Support (formerly Supporting People)?
- What Housing Related Support Services can do for you
- Who can apply for help from the Housing Related Support Programme?
- Do I have to pay for Housing Related Support services?
- Contact the Housing Related Support Team
- It is a Government programme delivered by Haringey Council in partnership with Haringey NHS Teaching Primary Care Trust and London Probation
- It funds housing related support to help vulnerable people live independent lives in their own homes/in the community
- Find somewhere to live and set up home
- Deal with rent arrears, debt and budgeting so that you do not lose your tenancy
- Learn life, domestic and social skills to help you stay independent
- Apply for all the benefits you are entitled to
- Find training and support you to get a job
- Get an alarm to call for help in an emergency
- Homeless people needing support
- People with mental health problems
- Older people who need support
- People with learning disabilities
- People with HIV/AIDS
- Young people at risk or leaving care
- Offenders and ex-offenders
- Survivors of domestic violence
- People who misuse drugs and alcohol
- Teenage parents
- People with physical and sensory disabilities
- Traveller households
- Vulnerable families
Some of the long-term services (over two years) have to be paid for. If you are not on Housing Benefit there may be a charge. You will be told about this when you apply.
All short-term services provided for less than two years are free.
Use the link on the left side of this page to find out more about Housing Related Support services and charges. Or visit the housing support charges page.
Housing Related Support Team
6th Floor, River Park House
225 High Road
Tel 020 8489 3372
Page Last Updated:
Please let us know if this page helped you find what you were looking for by answering the question below – you can also leave a comment for us. Please keep your comments relevant to this page.
Please note: all comments about web pages are reviewed by us once a week. All service requests need to be sent to Customer Services directly.