I am experiencing problems in my current accommodation
- Problems paying my rent/mortgage
- Deposit withheld
- Services disconnected
- Anti-social neighbours
- Other reasons you cannot remain in your home
If you have rent or mortgage arrears we can offer you an appointment with one of our Housing Advice Advisers. At your appointment we will look for ways to help you solve the problem by trying to maximise your income and/or the benefits you receive and if necessary help you to reach an agreement with your landlord/lender.
You should make an appointment by telephoning the Housing Advice duty line on 020 8489 1000 or by visiting a customer service centre.
If a landlord has refused to return your deposit please telephone the Housing Advice and Options duty line on 020 8489 1000 or seek advice at a customer service centre.
If you are in accommodation provided by or on behalf of Homes for Haringey (external link), please contact your Housing Manager.
- If you are a Homes for Haringey tenant, please contact your Tenancy Management Officer.
- If you are a housing association tenant please contact your Housing Manager at the Housing Association.
If you are none of these, you can call us for advice on the Housing Advice duty line 020 8489 1000, or by visiting one of our Customer Services Centres.
The council takes incidents of anti-social behaviour very seriously. If you are a victim of anti-social behaviour, please contact the council's Anti-Social Behaviour Line on 0845 671 1177 or visit one of our Customer Services Centres. Alternatively visit the Anti-Social Behaviour section of the website.
- If you are a Homes for Haringey tenant, visit their website (see external links section below).
- If you are a housing association tenant please contact your Housing Manager at your housing association.
If you are not a Homes for Haringey or a housing association tenant and you believe your home is unreasonable to occupy please telephone the Housing Advice duty line on 020 8489 1000 or visit any Customer Service Centre.
For further information for private tenants please also see our advice sheets on "finding private rented accommodation" in the attached files section below.
I would like to look at different types of housing options
- Please see the Need a home? page for the different options we have available.
Page Last Updated:
Please let us know if this page helped you find what you were looking for by answering the question below – you can also leave a comment for us. Please keep your comments relevant to this page.
Please note: all comments about web pages are reviewed by us once a week. All service requests need to be sent to Customer Services directly.