Housing Register Application
Getting onto the housing list
- Important notice for applicants
- About the Housing registration form
Please note that the vast majority of people who apply for housing will never be successful in securing permanent social housing. This is due to the extremely high demand for housing in Haringey and a very limited supply of accommodation. In 2014/15 no applicants in Band C were successfully re-housed to a permanent social accommodation.
Many applicants on the Housing Register have been waiting for many years and it is important that you consider all the other options available to you.
Our Advice and Options Team can provide advice and assistance on securing accommodation in the private sector and a variety of other options tailored specifically for you to enable you to resolve your housing problems. Please read the Advice and Options web pages before deciding whether to complete this form.
If you still wish to apply for inclusion on the Housing Register and meet both the eligibility and qualification criteria, you will need to complete the online form. Before completing the form, you must read the guidance below as this will assist you to ensure that your application is submitted correctly. We cannot process your application unless it is fully completed and submitted.
This form is for anyone making a new application for housing, and for existing council tenants and housing association tenants who want to transfer from their current home.
Do not complete this form if you have previously applied and you are already on Haringey’s Housing Register or are living in temporary accommodation provided by the council.
If you have any queries on a previously completed application please contact Customer Services on 020 8489 1000, quoting your reference number.
Some applicants will not meet either the eligibility or qualification criteria to apply for social housing in Haringey. You will be asked questions about your immigration status and about your current housing circumstances at the beginning of the form and you will not be able to complete your application if it is established that you are not eligible or qualify to apply.
The form will take, on average, 30-45 minutes to complete. There are a number of mandatory questions, which means that you must provide an answer before you can proceed to the next question. You will be able to save the form at any point and return to it within 28 days of starting your application.
In order to complete the form fully, you will need the following information:
- Information about your immigration status
- Names and dates of birth for everyone on the application
- National Insurance numbers for everyone over 16 years old
- Details of everywhere you have lived in the past three years
- address, with postcode
- move in date
- move out date
- type of tenure (eg private rented, council property)
- Details of any homes you have owned, including any equity received from the sale
- Information on any mortgages you may have or had
- Total income and savings of everyone on your application, including:
- earnings from employment
- welfare benefits received
- totals savings and investments held
- Details of any homelessness applications you have made to Haringey or to any other council
- Details of any Anti-Social Behaviour Orders for anyone included on your application
- Information about any services you are receiving from Social Services or other agencies (if relevant to your application) including contact details for you social worker (if you have a social worker).
We suggest that you have this information to hand when completing the form as you will need it to answer the mandatory questions and you will not be able to complete the form without this information.
Once you submit your application you will be provided with a temporary reference number. If you have provided an email address we will send a summary of your application to that address.
We will check the information that you have given us. We may need to contact you to ask for more information. If possible we will do this by calling you on the telephone number you have provided.
We will aim to contact you within 28 days to let you know whether your application was accepted. If successful, you will be told your Reference Number, Housing Needs Band, the size of the property you are entitled to, and whether you are likely to be able to bid for a home successfully.
Page Last Updated:
Please let us know if this page helped you find what you were looking for by answering the question below – you can also leave a comment for us. Please keep your comments relevant to this page.
Please note: all comments about web pages are reviewed by us once a week. All service requests need to be sent to Customer Services directly.