Search form

You are here

Registering for social housing

Haringey's Housing Register

To apply for social housing in Haringey (that is, council and housing association homes) you will need to apply to join the Housing Register. All social housing is allocated in accordance with the Housing Allocations policy which is based on five Housing Needs Bands: A, B, C, D and E, with A and B being the highest priority.

Applications must be made using the online form (see the Housing Register application page).

Due to the very high demand for social rented housing in Haringey, only the highest priority applicants will be successful. Therefore, we strongly urge applicants to visit our Housing Options page or call 020 8489 1000 for further advice.

|back to top

Am I eligible to join the Housing Register?

To join the Housing Register in Haringey you must:

  • be 16 years of age or over
  • not be ineligible for housing by reason of your immigration status
  • not have been found guilty of unacceptable behaviour.

All other persons included on a housing application must be a member of the applicant’s family (or might reasonably be expected to reside with them).

All Housing Register applications are subject to a standard verification framework which includes home visits and the checking of identification and other relevant documents. People who are statutorily homeless and accepted for rehousing are automatically entered onto the Housing Register. Applicants with no fixed abode can apply on the register with a 'care of' address.

All eligible applicants are placed in the Housing Needs Band appropriate to their needs in accordance with the Housing Allocations policy (PDF, 405KB).

You have the right to request a review (see housing reviews) of any decision made by the Council concerning your application.

|back to top

Change of circumstances

If you are already on the Housing Register and your circumstances change, please notify us if this is relevant to your housing need.

|back to top

Medical Assessment

If you are on the Housing Register and have a medical condition that you think is made worse by your current housing, you can discuss this with a member of the Housing Assessment Team. You will be advised whether the condition is likely to attract medical priority and if so, will be informed of the next steps you need to take.

  • Please call 020 8489 1000 for further advice
|back to top

Do I have to renew my application?

All applicants on the Housing Register will be required to confirm their details at least once a year including whether they wish to remain on the Register. We will contact applicants to tell them how to do this.

|back to top

Attached files

Housing Register - Change of Circumstances.pdfPDF 91.78 KB

Page Last Updated:

15 June 2015

How can we improve this page?

Please let us know if this page helped you find what you were looking for by answering the question below – you can also leave a comment for us. Please keep your comments relevant to this page.
Please note: all comments about web pages are reviewed by us once a week. All service requests need to be sent to Customer Services directly.

Tell us what you think of this page - please remember to leave your contact details if you would like a response:

By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.

Straight to...

 Apply for it

 Pay it

 Report it

First Steps logo

*Terms apply