Special Event: Haringey Local History Fair
Discover more about Haringey’s history and community heritage at our annual Haringey Local Fair at Bruce Castle Museum and Haringey Archive – you can visit the Archive Search Room and talk to Archive Staff, enjoy our all-day talks programme or browse stalls from local organisations showcasing our area's heritage - a chance to network and get involved. All welcome.
The Old Kitchen will also have a café for teas, coffee and cake all day. For further details of the all-day talks programme, see below:
- 11.15am 'West Green - Tottenham’s Forgotten WW1 Memorial' by Alan Swain (Summerhill Road Local History Website)
- 11.50am Talk and Film on Crouch End (tbc)
- 12.15pm Film: 'The First World War Project: Black on Both Sides' by Community Builders and young people from Haringey
- 1 - 2pm Lunch break
- 2pm 'The Battle of Wood Green – 40th Anniversary' by Dave Morris (Radical History Network North East London). In 1977 a fascist march through Wood Green provoked uproar and resistance - what happened then and since.
- 2.35pm 'Why I Love North Tottenham! Being a Heritage Champion' - by a Heritage Champion (North Tottenham Townscape Heritage Initiative)
- 3.10 - 3.30pm tea break (Our short film will be running - 'Wraparound' (based on our current African and Caribbean textile exhibition)
- 3.35pm. 'Short films of Alexandra Palace Theatre' with an introduction by Friends of Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 4.05pm 'Not Forgotten in 2016' An appreciation of invaluable contributions celebrating our local history led by Deborah Hedgecock (Curator) for the late Janet Harris (1937-2016), Claudius Fanusie (1922-2016), Ruby Galili (1938-2016) and Queenie Rawle (1924-2016)