Reuse and Recycling Centre
- Find your nearest centre
- Closure of Park View Road centre
- Haringey’s Reuse and Recycling Centre
- Alternatives to Reuse and Recycling Centres
Haringey's Reuse and Recycling Centre in Wood Green is located off Western Road, N22 6UG - just off Coburg Road.
- Monday to Sunday 8.45am to 4.15pm
- The centre is closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day and Good Friday
© Crown copyright. All rights reserved LBH (100019199), 2017
Please note that there is a height restriction for vehicles entering the centre of 1.8m (6 feet).
If you intend to use a van (any vehicle without seats fitted in the back including minibuses with seats removed and pick-up vehicles) to bring your waste or items for re-use and recycling, please call the North London Waste Authority on 020 8884 5614 at least 24 hours before visiting the site as only pre-booked vans will be allowed to tip. You should take proof of residency and a form of identification (ID) when you visit.
Each household can take a van to a Reuse and Recycling Centre up to five times a year.
Full details of the procedure, including the information you will be required to provide, are available on the NLWA website (external link).
Businesses are not permitted to use the centre, and should visit our Commercial Waste page for further information.
The list below shows the items that can be taken to the Wood Green centre.
- Car batteries
- Cooking oil
- Drinks cartons
- DVDs, CDs and tapes
- Electrical items
- Energy-saving lightbulbs
- Fluorescent tubes
- Food tins and drinks cans
- Fridges and freezers
- Garden waste
- Glass bottles and jars
- Household batteries
- Mobile phones
- Plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays
- Printer cartridges
- Scrap metal
- Soil and rubble - up to six standard sacks of soil and six standard sacks of rubble each month, per household. A standard rubble sack is approximately 50cm by 75cm.
- Telephone directories
- Textiles and shoes
- Used engine oil
- Unwanted spectacles
- Wood and timber
What you can’t take
- Asbestos, solvents and pesticides - call the Corporation of London on 020 7606 3030 to arrange collection.
- Gas cylinders and car tyres cannot be accepted at the Reuse and Recycling Centre
- Japanese Knotweed – see the Japanese Knotweed page for information on free collections. You must not put this in garden waste bins.
If your items would be of use to someone else you can give them away. See our Furniture reuse page for more info.
See our tips on reducing your waste.
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.