Bulky Items Collection Service
There is a fee of £25 for Veolia to collect up to four bulky items, such as furniture, from your home. Any additional items will be charged at £10 per item.
All collections are booked through the Veolia Haringey Contact Centre:
- Tel: 020 8885 7700
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: Special collections query form (external link)
Items Veolia will collect
- Beds and bed frames
- Bedside cabinets
- Carpets and rugs contained within a tied bag (maximum 80 litres)
- Doors (no fire doors or metal doors)
- Sofas and sofa beds (please dismantle sofa beds)
- Wardrobes (must be dismantled)
White Goods/WEEE (standard household appliances only)
- Computer monitors
- Tumble driers
- Washing machines
For more information see the Veolia website (external link).
Exclusions and conditions
As a general rule, anything that you might take with you when moving home can be collected. We make every effort to reuse or recycle as many items as possible.
We cannot collect:
- Rubble and soil
- Masonry and tiles
- Construction waste, e.g. bricks, stonework, cement, paint, plasterboard
- Waste from house renovations, eg: bathroom fittings, kitchen fittings/worktops, kitchen units, fireplace surrounds
- Garden sheds and trellis
- Carpets and rugs that are not contained within a tied bag
- Gas bottles and cylinders
- Car batteries
- Tree trunks and thick branches
- Pianos (unless broken up)
The service can be provided only to those homes that have a front garden area where large and bulky items can be placed out of harm’s way.
We cannot accept any hazardous waste, such as chemicals or asbestos. For more information on the safe disposal of these materials, please visit the hazardous waste page.
You can take a wide range of items to the two Reuse and Recycling Centres in Haringey, which are located in Wood Green and Tottenham.
- For more information visit the Reuse and Recycling Centres page
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.