Christmas Tree Recycling
Recycle your tree at Christmas
Help to cut carbon emissions and protect our parkland. When it is time to get rid of your Christmas tree, remember that it can be recycled and the bark shavings used in council gardens.
We offer three possible ways to recycle your Christmas tree in Haringey, but before you use any of them please remember to remove all lights and decorations.
- If you receive a green garden waste collection, you can cut your tree into smaller pieces (maximum length 1 metre or 3 feet) and put it out for collection. It is essential that your tree is cut into smaller pieces, otherwise it cannot be collected
- Christmas trees can also be taken to Haringey's Reuse and Recycling Centres:
- Alternatively, you can take them to designated sites in the following parks - this is only offered for four weeks after Christmas Day:
- Albert Road Recreation Ground (Staff yard) - Bidwell Gardens, N11
- Bruce Castle Park (Staff yard) - Lordship Lane, N17
- Down Lane Recreation Ground (Staff yard) - Park View Road, N17
- Downhills Park (Staff yard) - Downhills Park Road, N17
- Finsbury Park (Staff yard) - Endymion Road, N4
- The Gardens Community Garden - Doncaster Gardens, N4
- Priory Park (Staff yard) - Barrington Road, N8
- Woodside Park (Staff yard) - High Road, N22
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.