Christmas Tree Recycling
Recycle your tree at Christmas
Help to cut carbon emissions and protect our parkland. When it is time to get rid of your Christmas tree, remember that it can be recycled and the bark shavings used in council gardens.
We offer a number of ways to recycle your Christmas tree in Haringey, but before you use any of them please remember to remove all lights and decorations.
- The doorstep Christmas tree collection service remains the same as last year. All residents, except those living in flats, can put their tree out for free collection from their home until the end of January. Please cut your tree into smaller pieces (maximum length one metre or three feet). If you have signed up for the new garden waste collections, the cut-up tree can go in your new bin. If you have not signed up, please place the tree by your waste bin. The trees will be collected on your usual waste collection day. It is essential that your tree is cut into smaller pieces, otherwise it cannot be collected.
- Christmas trees can also be taken to Haringey's Reuse and Recycling Centre in Wood Green - Western Road, N22 6UG
- Opening times: Monday to Sunday, 8.30am to 4pm (closed Christmas day, Boxing day and New Years day)
- Alternatively, you can take them to designated sites in certain parks - this was only available until 7 January 2018 and has now ended.
- Albert Road Recreation Ground (Bidwell Gardens compound) - Bidwell Gardens, N11
- Bruce Castle Park (adjacent to staff yard) - Lordship Lane, N17
- Down Lane Park (car park adjacent to staff yard) - Park View Road, N17
- Downhills Park (staff yard) - Downhills Park Road, N17
- Finsbury Park (staff yard) - Endymion Road, N4
- Priory Park (adjacent to staff yard) - Barrington Road, N8
- The Gardens Community Garden, Doncaster Gardens, N4
Until Sunday 28 January you can also drop your real tree off at The Gardens Community Garden, Doncaster Gardens, N4, between 9am and 4pm. This drop-off point is run by The Gardens Residents Association, in partnership with Haringey and Veolia. All decorations and lights need to be removed prior to recycling. No other waste please.
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.