Benefits Forms

This page contains forms you can download and print. You need to complete these forms by hand and send or bring them to one of our offices. You can find the addresses on our How to Contact Us page.

Important information

  • Customer Services opening times
    Please note, customer service is no longer available at Broadwater Farm. Please see the How to Contact Us page for the customer service centre, call centre and opening time details.
  • Council Tax Reduction
    Some of the forms and leaflets below cannot be used in relation to Council Tax Reduction Schemes, for example the Discretionary Housing Payment and Appeal forms.
  • Housing Benefit
    You can use all of the forms and leaflets below in relation to Housing Benefit except for the Council Tax Reduction Disputes form.

Apply online using My Account

back to top

Forms available

  • Help with Your Rent and Council Tax - If you cannot apply online use this form to make a claim for Housing Benefit or an application for a Council Tax Reduction. You may also need to download one of the other forms below. When you have downloaded this form you must contact us to establish the date of claim. You may lose money if you do not do so.
    Please note: this form cannot be translated into other languages.
  • Haringey Pay Form - This form is for your employer to tell us about your wages. Please use it if you do not have the wage slips we need.
  • Self Employed Supplement - This form must be completed if you are self-employed and do not have profit and loss accounts.
  • Appeal Form - Use this form if you want to appeal against a Housing Benefit decision we have made. You can also use this form if you are making a late appeal against a Council Tax Benefit decision we have made. You can find out more about this on the frequently asked questions page.
  • Council Tax Reduction Disputes Form - Use this form if you disagree with a Council Tax Reduction decision we have made. You cannot use this form to appeal against a Council Tax Reduction decision. Council Tax Reduction appeals must be made directly to the Valuation Tribunal (external link) using their online Council Tax Reduction Appeal Form (external link). Further information about the Council Tax Reduction appeals process is available on our Council Tax Reduction Scheme page.
  • Application for a 'Pre-Tenancy Determination' - Use this form if you want to apply for a 'Pre-Tenancy Determination'. Please return your completed form to:
    • Shared Service Centre | Benefits
      Haringey Council
      PO Box 10505
      Wood Green
      N22 7WJ
  • Change in Circumstances Form - Use our online Change in Circumstances form if you need to report a change of circumstances that may affect your claim. For Housing Benefit you must tell us about changes within one month. For Council Tax Reductions you must tell us about changes within 21 days.
  • Request for Extra Room Form - Use this form to request an extra room if you are an adult and require overnight care or if you have a disabled child that requires their own room.

back to top

Page Last Updated:

20 February 2017

How can we improve this page?

Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.

Please note this form is not for general service requests or issues. It's quicker for you if those comments are sent directly to Customer Services.

By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.