- People who are eligible for Universal Credit cannot usually claim Housing Benefit. Please see our Universal Credit page to see if this applies to you
These forms can be completed online.
If a form is not available online or you cannot complete an online form you need to download and print the form, complete it and return it to us.
You can use all downloadable forms and leaflets in relation to Housing Benefit (except for the Council Tax Reduction Disputes form) but some forms and leaflets cannot be used in relation to Council Tax Reduction Schemes, for example, the Discretionary Housing Payments and Appeal forms.
- Help with Your Rent and Council Tax - use this form to make a claim for Housing Benefit or an application for a Council Tax Reduction. You may also need to download one of the other forms below. When you have downloaded this form you must contact us to establish the date of claim. You may lose money if you do not do so.
Please note: this form cannot be translated into other languages.
- Haringey Pay Form - this form is for your employer to tell us about your wages. Please use it if you do not have the pay slips we need.
- Self Employed Supplement - this form must be completed if you are self-employed and have been trading for less than a year. If you have been trading for a year or more you need to provide profit and loss accounts and/or the documents you submitted to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC).
- Appeal Form - use this form to appeal against a Housing Benefit decision we have made. You can also use it if you are making a late appeal against a Council Tax Benefit decision we have made.
- Council Tax Reduction Disputes Form - use this form if you disagree with a Council Tax Reduction decision we have made.
Please note: you cannot use this form to appeal against a Council Tax Reduction decision. Council Tax Reduction appeals must be made directly to the Valuation Tribunal (external link) using their online Council Tax Reduction Appeal Form (external link). Further information about this is available on our Council Tax Reduction Scheme page.
- Application for a 'Pre-Tenancy Determination' - use this form if you want to apply for a 'Pre-Tenancy Determination' and return your completed form to:
- Shared Service Centre | Benefits
PO Box 10505
- Shared Service Centre | Benefits
- Changes Forms - use these forms to report a change of address or change of circumstances that may affect your claim. For Housing Benefit you must tell us about changes within one month. For Council Tax Reductions you must tell us about changes within 21 days.
- Request for Extra Room Form - use this form if:
- you or someone in your household receives overnight care or
- you have a disabled child or partner who requires their own room
|File name||File Type||Size|
|Application for a ‘Pre Tenancy Determination’||1.22MB|
|Change of Address Form||362KB|
|Change of Circumstances Form||284KB|
|Council Tax Reduction Disputes Form||833KB|
|Request for Extra Room Form||72KB|
|Discretionary Housing Payment if you get Housing Benefit||341KB|
|Discretionary Housing Payment if you get Universal Credit with Housing Costs||269KB|
|Haringey Pay Form||67KB|
|Self Employed Supplement||70KB|
|8 week rent arrears form||33KB|
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.