2013 Park User Survey
Throughout January 2013 people were invited to tell us what they thought of the borough’s parks and open spaces.
833 responses were received, with over 80% of respondents telling us they used a Haringey managed park, an increase of 10% since 2009.
Headline results reveal that:
- 70% of respondents felt the condition of their local park was either the same or better than it was before the budget reductions happened in 2011
- 88% of respondents either feel safe or very safe when they use their local park
- Finsbury Park was the park that received the most responses followed equally by Downhill’s Park, Priory Park and Albert Road Recreation Ground
- People are using the parks less to relax and more for family outings, playing with friends and to observe wildlife
- four times as many people said they were volunteering on projects in parks
- The frequency and time when people used the park remained broadly the same
- People felt that the facilities within the park were either Good or Fair
Individual park results have now been fed into management plans and will inform any future improvements.
Please remember that although this survey is now over, you can still tell us about your latest visit to a Haringey park.
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Please let us know if this page helped you find what you were looking for by answering the question below – you can also leave a comment for us. Please keep your comments relevant to this page.
Please note: all comments about web pages are reviewed by us once a week. All service requests need to be sent to Customer Services directly.