It is free to join Haringey libraries. To find out how to join one of our libraries please visit the How to Join page.
Marcus Garvey and Wood Green Libraries
On 17 March 2015, the council’s Cabinet gave approval for plans to refurbish and make extra services available at Wood Green and Marcus Garvey Libraries.
As well as enjoying the already popular full range of library services and activities, visitors to Wood Green and Marcus Garvey Libraries will be able to carry out customer service tasks, such as:
- buying parking permits
- applying for benefits
- getting information about council services.
The changes will trigger a range of library improvements and investment across the borough. The council is also proposing to upgrade Hornsey Library and all community libraries, from next year. Under the plans:
- Customer services staff and equipment at Apex House, Tottenham will move to the Marcus Garvey Library building. (Apex House is an ageing building which is being redeveloped to make way for much-needed housing.) By using the space better in Marcus Garvey Library, there will be no reduction to the library services on offer.
- The existing Wood Green Customer Contact centre will become a contact centre for people with acute housing needs, such as those facing homelessness.
- Customer service staff and equipment will be on hand in Wood Green Library to help residents with other council services.
Marcus Garvey Library users may come along to one of our drop-in sessions in the library to find out more about the plans:
- Friday 27 March 2015: 10.30am – 12noon or 4pm – 5.30pm
- Saturday 28 March 2015: 11am – 12.30pm
Sessions will also be arranged at Wood Green Library and details will be available soon.
What’s on in Marcus Garvey Library
For information about events and activities for adults and children visit our What's On.
The following councillors hold regular surgeries at the library (just click on their names for details):
Bruce Grove Ward
Tottenham Green Ward
Tottenham Hale Ward
Back to Top
Inside the Library
- Access for wheelchair users and those with pushchairs; same level access and automatic doors
- Universal Toilet facilities
- Self Issue and Return machines
- 21 computers with free internet access for use upstairs in the main library
- 14 computers with free internet access in the Children's Library on the ground floor.
- Free WiFi hotspot
- Faxing and printing
- Monochrome and colour photocopying
- Silent Study area
- Room Hire
Back to Top
How to get there and Location
Nearest Tube Seven Sisters Station
Nearest Mainline Bruce Grove Station
Buses 123, 149, 230, 243, 259, 279, 318, 341, 349, 476, W4