Births, Death, Marriages and Civil Partnerships
- Help in an emergency - information on contacting an on call registrar out of normal hours.
- Important - On the 2 March 2015 the Notice period for all couples will be increasing from 16 days to between 28 and 70 days. Increased reporting to the Home Office will also apply. More information can be found on the Notice of Marriage page
- Online appointment booking - you can book a Notice of Marriage or Civil Partnership, Birth Registration, Nationality Checking Service or Death Registration appointment online.
- Civil Partnership to Marriage conversions - Couples can now convert their Civil Partnership to a marriage. Visit the equal marriage page for more information
We are open Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 4pm and are based at Haringey Civic Centre on Wood Green High Road only 5 minutes walk from Wood Green Underground Station. Please use post code N22 9SB if driving to our office.
- The office is closed from 1pm on the first Thursday of the month, every month. This is for training purposes.
Birth registrations, marriage notices, Citizenship Ceremonies and Nationality Checking Service by appointment only.
Saturdays (weddings and civil partnerships, Nationality Checking Service and Notice of Marriage / Civil Partnership by appointment).
We would like your customer feedback on our opening hours.
Our phones tend to be busiest on Mondays. If your enquiry is not urgent you may prefer to call us Tuesday to Friday when our phones are quieter. Our phones are most quiet in the afternoon after 2pm. Please also remember you can now book a Notice of Marriage or Civil Partnership, Birth Registration or Death Registration appointment online.
The whole of the Register Office is on the ground floor and is fully accessible to wheelchairs and people with disabilities. Baby-changing facilities and disabled toilets are also available.
If you need urgent help outside opening hours (eg: if a burial has to be within 24 hours because of religious beliefs), you should telephone the Council's emergency number: 020 8489 0000. You will then be given the mobile number of the Registrar on duty who will liaise with you to issue the necessary certificate.
We can also arrange urgent weddings for people in critical situations that are not likely to recover.
Please use our general enquiries eform if you have another enquiry.
Haringey Civic Centre is located in the centre of Wood Green (Post Code N22 9SB) and is easily accessible by public transport. The Register Office is on the ground floor with direct access from the main Civic Centre foyer.
- Buses: numbers 29, 121, 141, 232, 221, 329, W4 and mobility buses stop near the Civic Centre.
- Underground: Wood Green underground station (Piccadilly line) is a short walk from the Civic Centre.
- Car: There is limited parking at the front of the building. Nearby streets have pay and display facilities.
- The postcode N22 8LE will not work in satellite navigation systems. For Sat Navs please use N22 9SB as the postcode.
See the external links section below for a map showing where the Civic Centre is located.
N22 8LE (N22 9SB if using a SAT NAV or to print maps)
- Tel: 020 8489 2605
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page Last Updated:
Please let us know if this page was useful to you by answering the question below or by leaving a comment (or you can do both).