Free School Meals (FSM) and Clothing Grant
- Free School Meals and Clothing Grant
- Schools dealing with their own Free School Meals
- Contact details
- Application form and guidance notes - see attached files section
- If your circumstances have not changed you can now renew Free School Meals entitlement by phone. Please call the Contact Centre on 020 8489 1000 (between 9am and 5pm). Please have your National Insurance Number and Date of Birth details ready for the Customer Service Officer
- If your circumstances have changed, you must complete a new Free School Meals and Clothing Grant application form (PDF, 60KB). We can process this while you wait at your nearest Customer Service Centre. Please note that we may request evidence from you relating to the change where it is necessary.
- If you have an additional request for a one off clothing grant for a new child not yet known to us, you must complete a new Free School Meals and Clothing Grant application form (PDF, 60KB)
You can get free meals if your child attends a Haringey school (which is not shown below) and you get one of the benefits or NASS support shown below. If you are a Haringey resident you may also be able to get a one-off clothing grant if you get one of the benefits or NASS support shown below and your child is transferring to a secondary school:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance ESA(IR)
- Child Tax Credit providing you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and your annual income as assessed by Revenues and Customs is below £16,190
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Or if you are supported by NASS and supported under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999. You must provide your NASS reference number.
You do not need to submit evidence of the above benefit or NASS support that you get as we will check centrally if you qualify.
If this is your first application for FSM or applying for a clothing grant you should submit one of the following:
- A letter from the Child Benefit Agency (the letter must give the child's, or children’s, names and for a clothing grant your child’s medical card also).
- A long/full birth certificate showing your child’s name and parent(s) names.
Please note that the following schools are dealing with FSM themselves:
- Alexandra Park School
- Alexandra Primary
- Belmont Infant School
- Bounds Green Infants
- Bounds Green Juniors
- The Brook on Broadwaters
- Bruce Grove Primary School
- Chestnuts Primary
- Coldfall Primary
- Crowland Primary
- Devonshire Hill Primary
- Earlsmead Primary School
- Ferry Lane Primary
- Gladesmore Community
- Harris Academy Tottenham
- Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane (formerly Downhills Primary School)
- Highgate Primary
- Hornsey School for Girls
- Lordship Lane Primary
- Noel Park Primary
- North Harringay Primary School
- Northumberland Park Community
- Risley Avenue Primary
- Rhodes Avenue Primary
- St Francis De Sales RC Infants and Juniors
- St John Vianney RC Primary
- St Mary's CE Infants
- St Mary's CE Juniors
- St Mary's RC Infants
- St Mary's RC Juniors
- St Paul's and All Hallows Infants and Juniors
- St Paul's RC Primary School
- St Thomas More Catholic School
- Seven Sisters Primary
- South Harringay Infants
- South Harringay Juniors
- Stamford Hill Primary
- Trinity Primary Academy
- Tiverton Primary
- The Vale School
- Welbourne Primary
- Weston Park Primary
- The Willow Primary
- Woodside High School
Parents should contact the school direct for a FSM application form and take the form and up to date benefit evidence to the school.
We are still dealing with FSM applications for other schools in the borough. When this changes we will amend this notice or you can find out more at your nearest Customer Service Centre. If you have children at other schools in Haringey, you will need to make a fresh application for those schools.
- Revenues, Benefits and Customer Services
P O Box 10505
- Tel 020 8489 1000
- Email email@example.com - we will accept signed and scanned applications by email.
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Please let us know if this page helped you find what you were looking for by answering the question below – you can also leave a comment for us. Please keep your comments relevant to this page.
Please note: all comments about web pages are reviewed by us once a week. All service requests need to be sent to Customer Services directly.