Personal Education Plan
The Personal Education Plan is a statutory requirement.
All children in care must have a Personal Education Plan (PEP) as part of their care plan. The Care Plan is incomplete without a current PEP. The PEP should be initiated by the child’s social worker, in partnership with the designated teacher for LAC at the school.
The Personal Education Plan:
- is a record of educational progress
- is a way of promoting the educational achievement of a young person in care
- is a mechanism for consulting, listening to and involving the young person in their educational progress
- process should strengthen joint working
- is intended to enhance continuity and raise the expectations and self esteem of the young person
- acknowledges achievement and celebrates success
Personal Education Plan Documents
- Personal Education Plan Guidance (PDF, 907KB)
- PEP Form C - Educational Progress and Meeting Form (Word, 51KB)
- PEP Form B - Foundation Stage (PDF, 305KB)
- PEP Form B - Key Stage 1 (PDF, 298KB)
- PEP Form B - Key Stage 2 (PDF, 346KB)
- PEP Form B - Key Stage 3 (PDF, 349KB)
- PEP Form B - Key Stage 4 (PDF, 476KB)
- PEP Form B - Key Stage 5 (PDF, 174KB)
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.