Aims of the Virtual School
The Virtual School exists to ensure that children and young people in care have access to good quality education, providing them with improved life chances.
We expect that every child in care will:
- have a school place
- have a current Personal Education Plan
- attend a full time educational placement
- achieve their potential
It is our responsibility to:
- promote the attainment of children in care
- raise awareness of the importance of education and lifelong learning with all people associated with children in care
- help create opportunities for children in care to achieve success in their educational careers
- work closely with all agencies to improve educational opportunities for children in care
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.