Casual School Meal Supervisory Assistants (SMSAs)Category:Non TeachingSalary:graded within Scale 2 according to appropriate experiencePosted on:Thursday, 8th March, 2018Reference:THE BROOK SPECIAL PRIMARY SCHOOL
Adams Road, London N17 6HW
The Brook takes children with a wide range of needs from profound and multiple learning difficulties, severe learning difficulties and autism. The school is part of the unique Broadwaters Inclusive Learning Community which includes The Brook Special Primary School and The Willow Mainstream Primary School. The children from both schools eat and play together at lunchtimes in this amazing, purpose-built environment.
The Brook School received an “outstanding” grading in its last Ofsted inspection.
The successful candidates will have:
- A belief in the importance of equality and supporting children with disabilities
- Organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a team and follow instructions
- A willingness to use their skills in creating play activities for the pupils both inside and outside during lunchtimes
- The sensitivity and knowledge to encourage pupils to become as independent as they can be in eating and drinking skills/toileting skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A willingness to learn new skills through training in school
Application packs and further details are available from the school. It is expected that packs will be sent by email wherever possible.
Tel: 020 8808-7120 Fax: 020 8808 8809
Visits to the site are highly recommended and can be arranged through Premila Seecharam at the school.
Closing date: Friday 23rd March 2018
The Brook is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undertake criminal record checks via the CRB.