Nationality and Citizenship
The Haringey Register Office a number of Nationality and Citizenship services. Please choose the service that you require from the options below:
For people applying for British Nationality:
For people that have made a successful application to be naturalised as a British Citizen:
The Nationality Document Return Service (NDRS) is a new service that allows people applying for citizenship online at GOV.UK (external link) to keep their original documents including passport whilst their application for citizenship is being considered. This service is only available on a walk-in basis Monday to Friday between 9.30am and 3pm (closed from 1pm on the first Thursday of each month). We will see you as soon as we can but you may have to wait at busy times. Please note that we reserve the right to stop the service once maximum capacity is reached. You must attend an NDRS appointment within 10 working days of submitting your online application at GOV.UK (external link).
What we will do on your NDRS visit
- Copy and certify the documents you have been asked to bring in by the Home Office, these will be on your Document Checklist
- Take your original referee page and photograph off you
- Take your original Life in the UK Test Certificate off you and give you a copy
- Submit your documents by next day Special Delivery to UKVI (The Home Office)
We cannot offer help or advice with completing an application or on what documents to bring. NDRS does not guarantee a successful application for citizenship. Please refer to GOV.UK (external link) and the Home Office for help with your application.
We charge a flat rate of £40 inclusive of VAT for each person using the NDRS service. This includes special delivery postage up to 1kg. A £10 charge applies for each additional kilogram of postage.
Joint Citizenship/Passport Application
A Joint Citizenship/Passport Application (JCAP) allows people to apply for their first British Passport at the same time that they apply for citizenship using the NDRS. JCAP cannot be done when using the NCS service. You must bring a completed hard copy Passport Application Form to your NDRS appointment if you wish to use JCAP. Passport Application Forms are available at the Register Office or can be collected from most Post Offices. The fee for using the NDRS and JCAP together is £60 and is inclusive of VAT. The Passport fee is paid to HM Passport Office and is non refundable if your application for citizenship is not approved.
Advice on filling in the key parts of a British Passport form when using JCAP are below:
- Applicants should complete sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 (if applicable) and 9 of the passport application form. They do not need to complete section 10, or have the two photographs certified. Details of referees will be collected as part of the citizenship application
- The photographs submitted with both applications must be identical (ie from the same sitting) and comply with the photo standards as described in the accompanying guidance. The applicant’s name should be written on the back of the photographs
- Section 1: Any applicant within 6 months of their 16 birthday at the time of application must attend the appointment in person
- Section 2: Please do not enter a mobile phone number in section 2 of the application form. Please enter it in Section 8 instead
- Section 4: Grandparents’ details are not required
- The payment mandate on Page 25 of the Application guidance must be completed. Please ensure that the security number of the card is entered in the appropriate box
If you are unsure about any requirements, leave the section of the form blank and complete it at your appointment.
Lost Certificates of Naturalisation: replacement certificates can be obtained for a fee from the Home Office. Please see the GOV.UK website (external link) to get a replacement UK citizenship certificate
Please note: we do not offer a service to get British Passports. If you require a British Passport, please contact HM Passport Office (external link) for further information.
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.
We are open Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 4.30pm. The office is closed from 1pm on the first Thursday of the month, every month for training purposes.